apply for unisa admission 2023-2024
apply for unisa admission
Who can apply?
Everyone willing to begin a new qualification should apply for admission.
When may I apply?
Applications for admission into Unisa’s undergraduate qualifications (higher certificates, advanced certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas & degrees) shall be opened from 1 September to 30 November.
What are the application requirements?
You need to make sure that you meet the criteria for admission and also, you have the needed documents ready to upload during the application process.
Are you sure:
- that you meet the legal and college admission requirements for your qualification(s) of choice?
- that you meet the least academic points score (APS) for your qualification(s) of choice – a higher certificate require at least APS of 15, a diploma, at least APS of 18, and a bachelor degree at least APS of 21 or more (some exceptions apply)
- that you have a legitimate e-mail address and phone number, and you accept that Unisa will communicate with you during the application process using that e-mail address and phone number. Please make sure that you provide only one e-mail address and one phone number during the application process.
* It is very significant that you check your e-mails frequently for communication from Unisa about your application.
All applicants beginning a new qualification must upload all the necessary documents, which mainly consists of the following:
- Copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate, National Senior Certificate)
- Copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable)
*internet copies will not be accepted
- Copy of your identity (ID) document (RSA students) or national identity card / passport (international students)
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce verdict (if applicable)
- Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
* We advise all Unisa students who in the past applied prior to 2016 to upload all the required documents. Failure to do so can result in a setback in processing your application.
* Some qualifications may need supplementary documents. Unisa reserves the right to request original documents and / to prove the correctness of submitted documents at any time. Submitting falsified documents is an offense in terms of the Student Disciplinary Code.
Are you sure that your documents are scanned according to the rules of unisa?
Follow the directives below carefully when carrying out the online application process. Upload the mandatory documents as individual files and not a complete set of documents as one file.
- Each file must not be larger than 2MB (2048KB).
- Only black and white documents can be submitted.
- Only the following file types are allowed: PDF, DOC (Word document file), or TIF (image file)
How to apply?
Applicants who wish to enroll for classes at a Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) college under the Unisa-TVET agreement can apply through the appropriate TVET college or at Unisa through the online platform or the self-help options.
Upload supporting documents
Everyone applying for a new qualification should submit the necessary documents (all first-time applicants and Unisa students starting a new qualification). The deadline for uploading the required documents is the closing date for applications. No documents submitted after the closing date for applications will be accepted.
Unisa does not supply scanners or electronic devices. Please make sure that your documents are scanned and uploaded to an electronic device before beginning the application process.
Once you have received a student number from Unisa, pay the application fee which is:
R115 for online applications
R185 for hard copy applications. Note that hard copy applications will only be considered in exceptional cases.
Use the student number you receive from Unisa and the application fee reference number (eg. STUDENTNUMBER 5370810030)
Visit www.unisa.ac.za/paymentinfo for banking details and payment information.
This fee is non-refundable even if you choose not to study through Unisa, do not qualify for admission to Unisa, or cannot be offered a space due to limited available spaces. Unisa does not deal with physical cash at any of its offices.
The deadline for the application fee is the closing date for the application period. Any application submitted without an application fee paid on time will not be processed. Please make sure that you keep a copy of your proof of payment.
Make sure that your application is complete.
In case your application for admission to study through Unisa is incomplete, you will have to re-apply during the next application period.
Very Useful Links from Unisa
Unisa admission requirements
Unisa application process
Unisa application form PDF download
How to apply Unisa Online
Unisa Application Status
University of South Africa (Unisa) prospectus
For more info visit the school website