Unisa application form 2023-2024
UNISA is known as a birthplace of fair and unbiased access to higher education prospects. Flowing from its social obligation to address past differences, Unisa has an application and selection process that successfully addresses historical imbalances without forgoing quality standards.
This process promotes attention towards enhanced student support, and the configuration of our new student intake with the available academic capability and required infrastructure to make the most of students’ chances of success.
What does the 2023-2024 application selection process entail?
- At the core of the selection process is a calculation of your individual point’s score, which takes into consideration your final Grade 12 marks and other important aspects such as the school you attended, and your sexual category, socio-economic group, race, and etc.
- Before submitting your application, kindly check whether or not you meet the legal and college-precise admission requirements, and the required academics points score (APS) for your selected qualification(s). A higher certificate requires at least an APS of 15, a diploma at least an APS of 18 and a bachelor degree at least an APS of 21 or more (some exceptions may apply).
- It is vital to note that you will not automatically be selected to study through Unisa in semester 1 of 2023. Students will be selected on the basis of the number of slots available for each qualification.
The 2023-2024 Unisa application process.
- You may apply for a maximum of two qualifications, characterized in your order of preference (although you will only register for one should both of your qualifications be successful).
- Unisa will notify you of the outcome of your application. If successful, Unisa will indicate for which qualification you have been selected and will offer you a space for the period for which you have applied (ie semester 1).
- You must accept or decline Unisa’s offer within the recommended period of time. If you miss this deadline, Unisa will withdraw the offer and give your space to another candidate.
- You can only accept one offer. This means that when you accept an offer for one qualification (irrespective of whether it is your first or second qualification of choice), the other offer will automatically fall away.
- If you accept Unisa’s offer, you must register for the period for which you have been approved admission (ie semester 1). In case you cannot register for the relevant semester of study, you will need to re-apply for admission during the next application period.
Applicants can Read or download the following below
- Students’ Disciplinary Code (PDF)
- Unisa rules for students (PDF)
- Policy for Copyright Infringement and Plagiarism (PDF)
- Master’s and doctoral policies, procedures and forms
Very Useful Links from Unisa
Unisa admission requirements
Unisa application process
Unisa application form PDF download
How to apply Unisa Online
Unisa Application Status
University of South Africa (Unisa) prospectus